Re: Another "testing" vs "unstable" question

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:35:48 -0600, Monique Y. Mudama
<spam@bounceswoosh.org> wrote:

> > where I work we still have a 7.0 box in place: I chose 7.0 over 7.1 so
> > as to have a 2.2 kernel as standard (required for a sat card).
>
> It seems odd to me to choose a release based on the kernel, but okay.
> It seems *very* odd that you're telling us that RedHat switched major
> kernel numbers for a minor release.

Odd though it may be, it is true.  RedHat 7.1 was the first RH release
to use the 2.4 kernel. :-)

7.0:  http://www.redhat.com/about/presscenter/2000/press_rhl7.html
7.1:  http://www.redhat.com/about/presscenter/2001/press_sevenone.html