Re: Another "testing" vs "unstable" question

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 08:35:09AM -0500, Gayle Lee Fairless wrote:
> How hard will it be to switch or upgrade to sarge from woody when sarge
> becomes stable?  I'm hoping that CUPS and other stuff in sarge will let me
> use my parallel port HP 697C printer and my HP psc1210
> printer/scanner/copier on an USB port.  I also hope to have support for my
> Ethernet card which is a Linksys listed in lspci since I have a local home
> network.

Well, upgrading from woody to sarge should be no problem. Maybe you'll
be informed that some new software uses other-style config files which
you have to reconfigure. Maybe.

You can safely assume that any hardware that is supported in woody is
also supported in sarge, and probably better. Maybe some very exotic
hardware excluded, but it would be very unlikely if that happened to sit
around your desktop. And it certainly won't be an HP printer or some
ethernet card.

David

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!