Re: Adding debian-menu to xfce4 panel

On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 06:30:32PM +0200, Matthias Kraus wrote:
> Simon Huggins schrieb:
> >On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 03:50:12PM +0200, Matthias Kraus wrote:
> >>I want to add the debian-menu to the xfce4 panel,
> >>but I had found no way to do this job. Can anyone
> >>help, show me an howto, etc. ?
> >As far as I know there's no way to do this though someone asked on IRC
> >today and there's a plugin for the panel to do this in CVS apparently.
> If there is one, where do you think I can get it.
> I don't want to add the whole tree to apt.

It's in CVS at
http://lunar-linux.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/xfce4/xfdesktop/panel-plugin/?cvsroot=Xfce

but don't expect it to work on the stable 4.0 branch which is the one in
unstable/sarge.

> >Is it that annoying to find a bit of blank desktop and right click?
> It's not the problem to add a program that is often used to the panel
> or the desktop but it is a problem to remember that thousands of (more
> or less) little helpers only needed sometimes.

If you want the Debian menu you can get it by right clicking on the
desktop - you don't need a plugin to the panel to do this.

Simon.

--
 -+//    If at first you don't succeed, you'll get lots of advice.     \\+-