RE: "sarge" install: "Install base system" bombs and disk errors(?)

I don't know if I got a bad CD image or what.  I'm in the process of trying
jigdo (after a little internet research) like you said, but, previously, the
install hangs when it is trying to install the base system, and there are CD
errors, the:

June 20 00:58:56 (none) syslog.warn klogd: hdc: media error (bad sector):
status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }

error.

I'm hoping jigdo will make me a good image.  The woody image I have is OK,
but it doesn't have my network driver.  Any idea how to add a new driver to
an older kernel image?

TIA,
Allen