Re: /lib/modules/<version>/build -- why a link?

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 03:12:19PM +0200, Lukas Ruf wrote:
| Dear all,
|
| why is /lib/modules/<version>/build a symbolic link?
|
| Wouldn't it ease deployment of kernels if it included directly the
| headers that were used for building the kernel?

I don't -know-, but my guess is because not every system needs to have
the headers installed.  Thus the headers are in a different package,
not in the kernel-image package.

-D

--
Running Windows is kinda like playing blackjack:
User stays on success, reboots on failure