Re: Dear Debian Maintainers (usability)

I can understand not wanting to be used/abused by the community and I
admit the idea that we need to give further respect to the developers
in the open source community has allot of merit; In fact I agree with
it, but at the same time IMHO a balance must be something to strive
for, else old blood not feel the need to pass on information and new
blood fail to make the community around open source grow stronger.

As for the publics opinions, I was simply trying to remind others
before things got out of hand that you are responsible for your
actions; This was simply to head off any incident in the hope we
could all move on to better and more productive things (like helping
others, for example), since I sensed that if I did not do so things
would slowly escalate beyond proportion, and I have too much respect
for linux and the people that make it possible as a whole for that to
happen, so if I can help stop it before it starts I will.

BTW, I am a developer in the open source community, but I was not
trying to make a issue of it, since it did not seem important for me
to do so; But perhaps I should of, I think if I had perhaps my
observations would have carried more merit to fellow developers and
average users alike.

Sorry if I was unclear.

 - D