-----Mensagem original-----
De: Kent West [mailto:westk@acu.edu]
Enviada em: quinta-feira, 3 de junho de 2004 23:26
Para: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Assunto: Re: X server.

Guilherme Rocha_Sul Soluções wrote:

>I install debian 3.0 in my PC 3 times, I don't know what make for the vga
>adapter load de X server.
>
>My pc start, open LILO MENU, ok, I select Linux, but the default option is
>in console mode, I make the first configuration with the kdm mode during
>installation, tests bad. In the second configuration I choose the Xdm mode
>dunring instalation, but in any cases the KDE or X don?t load.
>

>My vga card is S3 Prosavage
>My PC has installed KDE and gnome

It seems to be the general consensus, and I agree, that for a
workstation, stable is too old, and you'd do better to upgrade to
unstable. This will give you newer versions of X which might work better
with your video card. (Then again, if the S3 Prosavage is an older card,
you might be better off sticking with Stable.)

Try running "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86" or "XF86Setup" or
"xf86cfg"; (I don't remember which tool(s) were used in 3.0, nor their
exact names). Try lowering your video resolution or color depth; try a
different driver (such as vesa or vga).

But again, first thing I'd do is upgrade to unstable. It's always made
my life easier. (If this is a server, you'd do better to stick with
Stable, but then, why are you trying to run X on a server?)

--
Kent

Este e-mail foi verificado pelo servidor Antivírus da Sul Soluções.
Caso você esteja suspeitando ter recebido um vírus através de nossos
sistemas por favor
envie um e-mail para guilherme@sulsolucoes.com.br .

Obrigado

Equipe Sul Soluções