Re: ZIP drive question..

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 09:47, Ishwar Rattan wrote:
> System is Debian testing (kernel 2.6.5) installed from Knoppix-3.4
> The PC has a 100Mb ZIP drive in it.
>
> It is detected at boot time (dmesg -> hdd).
>
> Lilo.conf has option hdd=scsi in it..
>
> Attempt to mount the disks in it as
>
> 	# mount /dev/sda4 /mnt/test
> results in:
> 	mount: /dev/sda4 is not valid block device
> similar messge when /dev/hdd4 is mounted.

You didn't say what type of connection the drive is using, but judging
by the fact that you said that the drive is 'in' the computer (and that
it's being detected as hdd), I'm guessing that it's an internal IDE
drive. If that's the case, why do you want to access it as a SCSI
device? Have you tried taking out the hdd=scsi line in lilo.conf and
accessing it directly as hdd?

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837