Re: How to recover files from corrupted file system?

On Mon, 24 May 2004, tiresias wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Some weeks ago, being very tired, I ran mkfs.reiserfs on the wrong
> partition. This had an ext3 filesystem before I ruined the filesystem
> with my mkfs-command. The result was loss of many, many files. The
> partition is now unmounted and not touched since my blow up. I have
> tried to find tools that may help me recover my files.

and dont worry ... reiserfschk-3.6.14 doesn't always fix itself(reiserfs)
either but tends to corrupt it more than it fixed it on the disks it tried
to fix

> How can I retrieve files from a disk whose inode-table is overwritten?
> Are there any tools available for this?

take out your backup tapes or backup disks or other backup cds

if not ... oh well .... we all do that mistake once ..
and some are stubborn and make that same mistake ( not having
good quality and functional backups ) a few more times :-)

c ya
alvin