Re: cancel of <1X898-2no-1@gated-at.bofh.it>

Adam Funk wrote:
> Paul Johnson wrote:
> > Just a hint, cancels don't work on mailing lists.
>
> But they work on the newsgroup (version of the list), which I read.  I
> hadn't thought about the cancel message itself getting posted to the
> list, however!

It reminds me of the MS Exchange server at work.  My lab is all unix
mail.  It is always very humorous to get the exchange message "user X
would like to recall message Y" from a user who thinks that will work.
I and others usually go, "okay, here is your message Y back" and send
it back to them.  :-)  Recall messages don't work either.

Bob