Re: good 802.11g cards?

hi ya lee

On Tue, 18 May 2004, Lee Braiden wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm planning to setup 802.11g.  Can someone recommend well-supported PCI
> and PCMCIA cards?  I think I've settled on a Linksys router, but since
> they seem to neglect Linux, other options would be good, too :)
>
> I also need a good 802.11g option for a PPC laptop (ibook2/500), if possible.  Some people have mentioned usb wireless?

"good" is relative ...

since few people say, get an orinoco based card or prism based card or
their fav-driver based card ..

	which card has which chipset ??
	or which chipset is on which card

for prism-based cards
	http://prism54.org/supported_cards.php

i used the netgear wg311 .. works okay between tow wg311 cards
but no other wireless card seeem to be able to connect
	- another wireless guru came by and said that its
	not broadcasting tag3(??) so other cards cant find
	the wg311 based ap
	( guess its now a hardware based security feature :-0 )

	netgear wg311 uses the atheros ( madwifi driver )

more wl driver stuff
	http://www.linux-sec.net/Wireless/Driver

c ya
alvin