Re: Some errors at boot and shutdown.

JuanMa wrote:

> I finished the installation procedure from a Knoppix CD and everything
> seems to be working.  I have noticed some error messages while booting
> and at shutdown.  I posted the dmesg file in the following URL:
>
> http://home.coqui.net/jmfix/dmesg.txt

The only errors I saw were this:

kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k scsi_hostadapter, errno = 2
kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k scsi_hostadapter, errno = 2

But the system seems to boot correctly. Are you having problems?

> Some of the errors that I see at boot, I can't seem to find them on the
> dmesg, any other place to look for them?

/var/log/bootlog if BOOTLOGD_ENABLE is "yes" in /etc/default/bootlogd.

> I have also noticed that after a couple of restarts the Kmix window
> opens up automatically, any ideas?

Check ~/.kde/Autostat to see if Kmix is there. Also check to see if Kmix has
been configured to load on startup.

Adam