Re: kernels no longer loading sound & net modules

On Friday 30 April 2004 07:44 pm, Graham Williams wrote:
> I've noticed the same - and I'm only using stock, pre-packaged Debian
> kernels. At some stage in the last week or so something changed! I had
> net modules (e1000) and some other modules suddenly not being loaded - I
> had to manually add them to /etc/modules (or manually modprobe after
> boot - but that's not so good for a remote reboot).
>
> Regards,
> Graham

Thanks for the reply,
I have a list of the packages I updated this past week, and one of those was
hotplug. ???
But since I posted this question, I have managed to build a 2.6.5 kernel which
works fine.
I wonder if there was an error I overlooked while installing those kernels?
Anyhow, at this point, all I have to do is figure out how to get rid of all
the error messages during boot, which it seems, began after updating hotplug.
If you would know about that sort of thing, please reply...
"I gotta lot to learn."
Mike