Re: xbase-client will not install

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 22:45:51 -0500
Chris Metzler <cmetzler@speakeasy.net> wrote:

> > In trying to get libvx1 installed, it claims to be
> > conflicting with xlibs.
>
> libxv1 in sarge and sid requires an xlibs with a version greater
> than 4.1.0.  If that's the version of xlibs you have installed,
> you'll have problems.  It *should* want to upgrade that too,
> though, rather than trying to remove xlibs altogether.  And if
> you're tracking sarge or sid, I wouldn't expect you to have
> anything from X 4.1.0 or less anyway.  So I doubt that's what's
> going on.
>
> Could you quote the actual error message, rather than just
> saying "it conflicts"?
>
> -c

Sorry about that..

He is using Sarge.. I didn't get a chance to write down the error
message.

It was libxv1..

You gave me a place to start tomorrow. I'll check my system, and then
compare with his.

Thanks for the info, and in the future, I'll get as much info written
down.

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers@MtPalomar.net>	Registered Linux User #96112
ICQ#:     AIM#:       YAHOO: