Re: Connection timeouts with SSH and CVS

Norman Davis wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 19:32:22 -0500, Adam Aube <aaube01@baker.edu> wrote:

>> What kernel are you using?

> Linux version 2.4.27-1-386 (horms@tabatha.lab.ultramonkey.org) (gcc
> version 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-2)) #1 Wed Dec 1 19:43:08 JST 2004

>>Post the output of the following command:
>> head -v `ls /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp*`

> Currently I'm at home using dialup. I'm assuming these will be the
> same as when I have this laptop at work on the network there:

The only setting that might be an issue is this:

> ==> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_default_win_scale <==
> 0

Try setting it to 1 or 2 and see if that fixes the problem. Don't set it too
high - that can cause problems as well.

Beyond that, the only thing I can suggest is using tcpdump or ethereal to
capture packets during a connection attempt.

Adam