Re: META: Re: When the thread wanders too far

On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 01:14:51PM -0500, Eric d'Alibut wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 00:20:22 +0100, Eugen Leitl <eugen@leitl.org> wrote:
>
> > So much easier to just ban abusing list members, after suitable warning.
>
> One could ask for no clearer demonstration of the animus that fuels the
> fervor of the so-called "Open" and "Free" (source, software, whatever)
> crowd than the simple statement cited above.
>
> Let us have revolution by all means, let us FREE all the peoples of the
> earth, let us OPEN up computing to all those peoples, and if there is
> the occasional awkward moment, when the tranquillity of our perfect
> solution is intruded upon by those who insist on talking about their
> irksome concerns, then, yes, it is SO MUCH EASIER TO JUST BAN ABUSING
> LIST MEMBERS.
>
> When freedom and tolerance seem to fail, repression always is an
> answer. Sound familiar? Be afraid, children, be very afraid.

Hi Folks,
this mailing list is a fount of information about neat things: driving
down the interstate, trains of the UK, how close stonehenge is to a
town, comparitive religions, etc. And every once and a while some kook
starts bothering us about getting rid of some pesky computer problem. I
can live with that! FLOSS is about people who use computers, not about
being tech support on the cheap.
cordially,
Kev

PS. happy new year!
--
counter.li.org #238656 -- goto counter.li.org and be counted!

        (__)
        (oo)
  /------\/
 / |    ||