Re: Connection timeouts with SSH and CVS

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 12:57:25 +0100, Dani Belz <debian@dan-b.net> wrote:
> * Norman Davis <norman.j.davis.jr@gmail.com> [04-12-30 05:12]:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I'm having problems using SSH and CVS at my work. The connections
> > timeout. However I can browse the internet with Mozilla just fine.
> >
> > But this only happens on my network at work. When I dial in to my ISP
> > from home, in SSH and CVS both work fine. The network at work mostly
> > has Windows machines on it, and on my Windows machine there I can use
> > Putty and CVS fine.
>
> ... and what's your firewall settings at work??? Guess it's blocking
> CVS and outgoing SSH.
>
> grZ
> Dani

I don't think they're being blocked by the firewall at work. When I
take this laptop to work, and put in my other hard drive and run
Windows XP, I use CVS, PuTTY, and POP email without any difficulty.
(I should mention here for those unfamiliar with it that Putty is
basically a SSH console for windows.)  When I install my Debian hard
drive and boot it, none of these work: the connection times out.