Re: Backup-software FTP

Karsten M. Self wrote:
on Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 06:04:53PM +1100, Sam Watkins (swatkins@fastmail.fm) wrote:

On Sun, Dec 26, 2004 at 02:09:43PM +0100, Jon-Eirik Pettersen wrote:

What would you recommend of software to do simple directory-based
backups to an FTP-server?

I like "lftp", it can do recursive upload / download (mirror, mirror -R).

Can you run that noninteractively?  I use lftp but haven't found a good
way to script it.  Would be useful for a few websites I manage.

Otherwise, of course, rsync rocks, but a lot of ISPs haven't caught up
with the 20th Century yet.

Peace.

If you use "lftp -f <script>" it will execute the commands
in the script file.  I suppose you could write up a script
and throw the lftp command into your crontab.

-Roberto Sanchez