Re: modem for potato

Gerard Robin wrote:

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 10:01:27AM +0100, Dani Belz wrote:
* John Hasler <jhasler@debian.org> [04-12-30 01:03]:
Any external modem that connects to the computer via a serial port will
work.
Unfortunately not true! Bought a Creative modem some time ago. This
didn't work. There really are modems that do not work with linux (at
least it isn't easy to set them up). Now I use my very old modem
again :)

I agree with you, I tried a winmodem, after a few difficulties it worked
very slowly, I tried a US ROBOTIC 33 ... wich did not work.

This "winmodem"? It was an external device that connects to the serial port? I was not aware of any external, serial-port-connecting, "winmodems".

--
Kent