Re: network connection fails after setup

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 03:34:53 -0800 (PST), Roger Creasy
<roger_creasy@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Howdy!
>
> I set up sarge with kernel 2.4.
> This setup was done via a startup cd and http. During
> setup files were downloaded with no problem. After the
> setup was complete, I have no internet or network
> connection. Any suggestions for a fix?

Is your network cable plugged in? The simplest solution is often the
best. Anyway we'll need some more info, give us the output of lsmod
(to see if your network driver is loaded), ifconfig -a, the contents
of /etc/network/interfaces and whatever you get if you run "dmesg |
grep eth".

Usually it's best to supply as much information as you can think of
since we're going to be asking for it anyway.

greets,
Wim