Re: Multiple installed kernel-image packages?

On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 11:08:19PM -0500, Adam Aube wrote:
> Paul Gear wrote:
[snip nested attributions, correctly I hope]
> > Thanks for the detailed response.  Are you saying that once my system is
> > installed (on 2.6.8, as it happens), it will never get an upgrade to
> > 2.6.9 (once it is released) unless i explicitly install it?
>
> Correct.

Why in the heck isn't there a:
kernel-source-latest, which is upgraded whenever a new kernel source package
comes out, and depends on that, and a
kernel-source-latest-only, which depends on kernel-source-latest and
conflicts with earlier kernel-source packages?

Doing the same for kernel-images would result in an explosion of
kernel-image-* packages in the archive, so maybe just do it for the source.
Only two extra packages.