its a matter of ssh and its not working for me

well sorta not working

I have some automatic login stuff I want to do with rsync,etc.. one machine works the others (recent installs) do not

heres the rundown
I have the public keys placed in remote machines under the correct user account .ssh/ etc.. both sshd_conf files are identical (machines A,B).

machine A will automatically ssh login (without password) and rysync doesnt ask for password either machine B requires me to login with password before the new command will work (ie rsync) but ssh session will not require password.

I have been trying to figure out why this is happening if anyone can clue me in I would be forever in debt. I have been working on trying to solve this mystery for about a week now. ARRGH!

Kent