Re: numlockx problem?

On Sun, Dec 26, 2004 at 11:45:16PM -0600, Rob Benton wrote:
> First let me make sure I'm looking at the right file:
>
> /etc/X11/Xsession.d/55numlockx
> /etc/X11/Xsession.d/55numlockx.dpkg-dist
>
> The first one is the currently installed version right?

Dpkg leaves *.dpkg-dist files when it thinks a conffile has changed, and
you opt NOT to replace it... in this case, 55numlockx is the original
file and 55numlockx.dpkg-dist is the new version.  Had you opted to
replace the file you'd end up with 55numlockx (new version) and
55numlockx.dpkg-old (original).

Normally you're prompted for conffile replacement when the package is
upgraded, but I believe this can be overridden via /etc/dpkg/dpkg.conf.