Kerberos-authentication in Evolution

Hi,

Up until a few days ago, I was happily using Kerberos 4 in Evolution
to authenticate against a Cyrus IMAP server. Then it suddenly stopped
working. Initially, I assumed that something had changed in the server
configuration, but then I found this:

The bug report by Steve Langasek requests that Kerberos support, in
particular Kerberos 4, be removed from Evolution because of RC bugs
preventing some Kerberos libraries from entering Sarge.

There are no follow-ups to the bug report, and I can't find anything
in the package change log for Evolution. Has Kerberos support been
removed? If so, what is the likelihood of it being enabled again, at
least as an option?

For me this was an important feature which allowed me not having to
store sensitive passwords in Evolution and still enjoy the convenience
of not having to enter my password repeatedly.

Best regards,
Andreas