Re: {advocay] Linspire machine

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 13:31:48 -0500, Michael Murphy
<murphymichael@netscape.net> wrote:

> She may well be right.  I can't speak for Northgate's motives in this
> regard, but I think that I can fairly say that their implementation
> is slipshod and does not reinforce a customer's decision to purchase
> a linux machine.  Without my help, the machine would have been
> returned.

Ya' know, that has been something which I have wondered about.  While
I like what Linspire is trying to do (i.e. produce consumer-priced
machines with Linux) I am somewhat fearful of their approach.  They
could do a lot of damage if they end up pumping a ton of money into
advertising only to have a ton of people buy Lindows boxes and end up
hating Linux because of it.  With stories like this, regarding sound
and graphics, I wonder how much success they are going to have.

R/S
Ryan