Re: Nothing from list for two days -SOLVED

On Sat, Dec 25, 2004 at 02:52:17PM +0000, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> I decided to unsubscribe and subscribe again to see if it would help. I
> then found that I had some how become unsubscribed without my knowledge,
> so I subscribed and am now getting mail from the list again. No idea how
> that could have happened.

The only thing I can think of is if you have been on "vacation" and have
been running a program to mail people who contact you telling them you
are on vacation, and that program has been spamming the list, then I
or someone else probably unsubscribed you.  (by sending a message
pretending to be from you to the unsubscribe service, to which your
broken vacation program would have replied, thus unsubscribing you!)
We have done this to one or two people recently due to the annoyance of
receiving such messages every time we post.  I don't remember if you
were on vacation though.

:)