Re: WOT -- LCD monitor stand

* Kenward Vaughan <kay_jay@earthlink.net> [2004 Dec 23 20:03 -0600]:

> Personally, I'd make this a do-it-myself project, using some hobby
> plywood (perhaps with a groove routed--routered?--near the front for
> grabbing the edge of the stand you have) and a wedge or two under the
> back.  Not too outrageously slick, but functional (as long as you
> aren't overstepping the display's center of gravity).

Well, I kinda sorta did that already as I put a Sharp calculator under
the back of the stand to tilt it forward a bit.  I have to be careful
as to not let it go over center and have the screen tip over forward.

If I were just concerned about the forward tilt your idea would work
great.  Actually, I hadn't thought of that.  Thanks!  That said (here
comes the 'but') I would like to be able to lower the monitor about 2
inches at the same time.  There is also the issue of having enough
weight in the back of the tilt stand for counter-balance and having to
clamp the monitor stand to it somehow.

> Give it wings on the sides, a few large holes, and it'll hold your
> coffee cup (and pencils!) too.    ;-)

The top of my genuine IBM PS/2 keyboard holds all my pens and pencil
and I gave up coffee years ago although bottled water became a good
replacement.  :)

Thnaks for the ideas.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.