Re: cron.daily, howto control mailed reports

Benjamin A'Lee wrote:
On Fri, Dec 24, 2004 at 02:22:10AM +0000 or thereabouts, Joao Clemente wrote:

Why do I receive daily reports (in my mail system) from this particular script being runned, but not from other also existant in /etc/cron.daily?

If you want it to run silently, you can put MAILTO="" in /etc/crontab
But otherwise cron jobs only mail if there's output to stdout, so if
you want more out put, not less, you'd have to set each one
individually (I think).

Thanks Benjamin, running silently was what I was looking for.
Robert: no problem, thanks for the answer anyway :-)

Joao Clemente