Re: LDAP + Kerberos = Bloody Nightmare!

On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 22:27 -0800, Don Werve wrote:
> I'm setting up an authentication system backended by OpenLDAP and
> Kerberos, and want to stick with as much in the way of Debian-packaged
> software as possible.  Getting LDAP and Kerberos to work hasn't been
> difficult, but getting LDAP to authenticate against Kerberos has proven
> to be all but impossible.  Any takers?

Hi, Don. You're right, it can be a real pain to wade through the
configuration details. Myself and others are working to improve this
situation. http://kis.alioth.debian.org/ has some good info to get
started, and the beginnings of some configuration software.

<shameless plug>
My own EDSAdmin (http://edsadmin.sourceforge.net) is currently a nice,
simple tool to manage an LDAP directory, and will be getting support for
maintaining kerberos passwords alongside an LDAP directory in the next
week or two (I just finished writing the kerberos admin interface). So,
please check that out and give any feedback you might have.
</shameless plug>

I will send you copies of my config files off list, feel free to ask any
more questions.

-Mark