Re: disabling console blanking

also sprach Andrea Vettorello <andrea.vettorello@gmail.com> [2004.12.23.1426 +0100]:
> You can try to look in /etc/console-tools/config

Good hint,
  BLANK_TIME=0
  POWERDOWN_TIME=0
  BLANK_DPMS=on
did the trick.

also sprach Dave Ewart <davee@sungate.co.uk> [2004.12.23.1434 +0100]:

also sprach David Raleigh Arnold <dra@openguitar.com> [2004.12.23.1636 +0100]:
> > I have a 2.6.5 machine in my basement, with CONFIG_PM disabled.
> > Unfortunately, it started freezing on me recently,
>
> Check the cpu fan?  daveA

Freezing, not overheating. :)

Anyway, I found the problem and now the machine is stable again. It
has an nForce2 chipset with one of those "standards, what's that?"
diletant implementations of the LAPIC. Passing 'nolapic' at boot
takes the broken local APIC out and makes the system stable again.

I had previously replaced grub's menu.lst with a new version and
forgot to add the parameter. Doh.

Thanks for your time!

`. `'`