Re: HP DL380 G4 and kernel 2.6.x boot problems. (testing)

John Smith wrote:
On Thu, 2004-12-23 at 04:20, Ian Meyer wrote:

pivot_root: No such file or directory
/sbin/init 424 cannot open dev/console
kernel panic: Attempted to kill init

I've seen this a lot while testing debian-installer on DL380's with the
2.6 kernel but they were all related to using grub as the boot-loader.
You are not mixing your problem with this one or are they related?

Hm, I just installed LILO and received the same error: "Kernel Panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(104,1)". I think I may start from scratch as I feel I have too many possibilities as to why booting is failing.

Thanks,
Ian

Sincerely,

Jan.