Re: what is experimental?

Hello Mauro, hello list!

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 10:02:41AM +0100, Mauro Darida wrote:
> just wondering what is experimental. I know about stable, testing and
> unstable, but cannot find anything about "experimental". Someone said it
> not a real distribution...

"It is meant to be a temporary staging area for highly experimental
software where there's a good chance that the software could break
your system, or software that's just too unstable even for the
unstable distribution (but there is a reason to package it
nevertheless)."

See
<http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-resources#s-experimental>
for reference.