Fellow TILP users, please help!

Okay, I have followed the instructions in the manual, but I still can't get TILP to work on either my Fedora installation or my Debian installation, but I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

In Debian, I have USB support and the tiusb kernel module present, and I even see that the SilverLink USB cable is detected at boot and the tiglusb module gets loaded. I have done the same thing in Fedora also.

Next I launch TILP as root to get rw acces to the USB node, configure it to use the SilverLink cable and the TI-83+ calculator, and I get this error message:

====================
Msg: Error occurred while initializing the libusb.
Cause: Check that your cable is connected or not stalled. Check your libusb and usbfs, too.
System: Device or resource busy (errno = 16)
====================

Now I have tried using this program under two different Linux distros with no luck. I know the cable works because I am able to use the TIConnect software in windows. I even tried TILP on another computer running Debian and got the same error! What in the **** is going on???

Here is the log output:
=====================
*** TiLP logfile (/tmp/tilp_log.2gj2Ux) ***

tilp    : TiLP - Version 6.76, (C) 1999-2004 Romain Lievin <roms@tilp.info>
tilp    : THIS PROGRAM COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
tilp    : PLEASE READ THE DOCUMENTATION FOR DETAILS
tilp    : built on Oct 31 2004 16:34:07
tilp    : initialized in command line mode.
tilp    : setlocale: <C>
tilp    : bindtextdomain: </usr/share/locale/>
tilp    : textdomain: <tilp>
ticables: ticables library version 3.8.7
ticables: setlocale: <C>
ticables: bindtextdomain: </usr/share/locale>
ticables: textdomain: <libticables>
ticables: built for __LINUX__ target.
ticables: checking resources:
ticables:   IO_API: found at compile time (HAVE_TERMIOS_H)
ticables:   IO_ASM: found at compile time (HAVE_ASM_IO_H).
ticables:   IO_TIPAR: found at compile time (HAVE_LINUX_TICABLE_H)
ticables:   IO_TISER: found at compile time (HAVE_LINUX_TICABLE_H)
ticables:   IO_TIUSB: found at compile time (HAVE_LINUX_TICABLE_H)
ticables:   IO_LIBUSB: found at compile time (HAVE_LIBUSB)
ticables: quick search for parallel/serial ports:
ticables:   serial port found at 0x2f8
ticables:   parallel port found at 0x378
ticables:   parallel port found at 0x37b
ticables:   serial port found at 0x3f8
ticables: search for all ports:
ticables:   /dev/parport0 at 0x378
ticables:   /dev/ttyS0 at 0x3f8
ticables:   /dev/ttyS1 at 0x2f8
ticables:   /dev/ttyS2 at 0x3e8
ticables:   /dev/ttyS3 at 0x2e8
ticables: getting method from resources (automatic):
ticables:   check for tty usability:
ticables:     node /dev/ttyS0: exists
ticables:     permissions/user/group: -rw-rw---- root dialout
ticables:     is user can r/w on device: yes
ticables: mapping I/O...
ticables: registering cable...
ticables: list of settings:
ticables:   cable: GrayLink
ticables:   port: serial port #2
ticables:   method: direct access (api)
ticables:   device name: /dev/ttyS1
ticables:   delay value: 10
tifiles : tifiles library version 0.6.1
tifiles : setlocale: <C>
tifiles : bindtextdomain: </usr/share/locale>
tifiles : textdomain: <libtifiles>
tifiles : settings:
tifiles :   calc type: TI92
ticalcs : ticalcs library version 4.5.5
ticalcs : setlocale: <C>
ticalcs : bindtextdomain: </usr/share/locale>
ticalcs : textdomain: <libticalcs>
tifiles : settings:
tifiles :   calc type: TI92
ticalcs : settings:
ticalcs :   calc type: TI92
tilp    : initialized in GTK+ mode.
tilp    : scanning plug-ins... Done !
tilp    : scanning registry... Done !
ticables: getting method from resources (automatic):
ticables:   check for tiusb usability:
ticables:     using devfs: no
ticables:     node /dev/tiusb0: does not exists
ticables:     => you will have to create the node.
ticables:   warning: can't use IO_TIUSB
ticables:   check for lib-usb usability:
ticables:     usb filesystem (/proc/bus/usb): mounted
ticables:     node /proc/bus/usb/devices: exists
ticables:     permissions/user/group: -rw-rw-r-- root root
ticables:     is user can r/w on device: yes
ticables: mapping I/O...
ticables: registering cable...
ticables: list of settings:
ticables:   cable: SilverLink
ticables:   port: USB port #1
ticables:   method: user mode (ioctl)
ticables:   device name: /dev/tiusb0
ticables:   delay value: 10
tifiles : settings:
tifiles :   calc type: TI83+
ticalcs : settings:
ticalcs :   calc type: TI83+
ticables: Found <SilverLink>.
ticables: err: usb_claim_interface (could not claim interface 0: Device or resource busy)