Re: Using Debian as an Access Point?

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Marcel Weber wrote:

> I for my part would recommend a decent access point WITHOUT any routing
> functions and a seperate router (best would be a linux box).
> Alternatively, for the adventerious building a dedicated Linux WLAN box.
> You could take a mini-ITX-system like the Via EPIA CL6000E. Passively

or use a wrap/soekris style motherboards w/ +12v wall adaptor
	and run your own iptables on it running in compact flash or
	in /dev/ram ( /dev/loop )

> cooled, featuring a PCMCIA card slot for a WLAN card and with a moderate
> power consumption would it make a good choice. Of course, such a system
> would still be bigger and more expensive than a WLAN router from the
> shelf. Of course if it is just the size that matters, you could buy a
> industry biscuit PC. With these you can even get rid of the PC power
> supplies.

what's a "biscuit pc" .. googled it ... yuck ...
but the nova link looks good but expensive sbc ??
 ( same (geode) cpu as wrap/soekris )

or maybe a even a gumstix pc
	http://gumstix.com/

c ya