Re: kmail and address book

Alan Chandler wrote:

> kaddressbook has been set up with a few entries in it.
>
> If I go to kmail tools menu and select "address book", I open kaddressbook
> and can select entries from it and use it to send a message.
>
> However, when I compose a message from scratch, I would expect to hit the
> button with the three dots on the right hand side to bring up a dialog box
> that lets me select an address from the address book.  Instead it gives me
> a list of recent addresses but no entries, or indication of how to get to
> the book.

I have the current KDE in Sid, and I do see "Recent Addresses" first.

However, if I scroll up the window I see "Other Addresses", which lists the
addresses in kaddressbook. It seems to remember the section I was in last
when I compose another message.

I see nothing in the Kmail configuration that can change this behavior.

Adam