Re: Cdrom Question

On Tuesday 21 December 2004 02:12, Robert Vangel wrote:
> Posting the same question twice, under different names/emails isn't
> likely to get you help quicker.. if anything, slower due to people being
> annoyed.
>
> bill wrote:
> > When I mount the cdrom in kde, half the time, I can't unmount it or
> > can't eject it Can anyone offer me some information on this or let me
> > know where I might find it?
> >
> >   Thanks for your time,  Bill H.

what distro do you use?

if sarge: try       $ umount  /media/cdromX
x= 0 or 1

as root you can also try something like:  umount -t iso9660 /dev/hdX    X=a,b,
etc.

works fine for me, allthough i like more the direct cdrom mounting under woody
or, if i remember weel, potato. so: developpers and programmers please come
back from this wandering.

good luck,

steef