Re: OT Debugging PHP "Error 500" errors

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 02:41:15PM -0600, Jeremy Turner wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 07:35:38PM -0500, William Ballard wrote:
> > Helping a friend debug a PHP error on a hosted site.  A certain
> > operation (building a large PDF) causes an Error 500.  Running same
> > operation offline doesn't throw error.  A larger PDF (running
> > different code) succeeds.
(snip)
> 2) start commenting out lines and printing out your variables.

It was hitting a memory limit.  I had him switch from
mysql_unbuffered_query instead of mysql_query.

I was hoping apache or php exposed some debugging/tracing/profiling
services in a standard way, and that ordinary users could access this
information, and the hosting company would generally make them
available.