Re: Preserving /etc/resolv.conf when dialup connection is active

John Hasler wrote:
Everytime I connect to the Internet, the 'nameserver' entries which are
originally in /etc/resolv.conf are replaced with the ones from the dialup
connection (they are restored after I hang up).

How to prevent this? I want to preserve 'nameserver 127.0.0.1' since I
serve some intranet zones on my computer.

Edit /etc/ppp/resolv/provider (if you named your connection something other
than 'provider' substitute that name). Add the line 'nameserver 127.0.0.1' to that file.

This is explained in the pppconfig man page.

Thanks!

Normally I would google a bit more before asking, but I just migrated two days ago from RH73 to Sarge. So many things are not yet fully "working" yet it drives me crazy. But overall I'm much happier now (glibc 2.3 and thus Thundebird & Firefox, Gnome 2.6 instead of the ancient 1.4, Apache2, etc.)

Regards,
dave