swsusp wipes out the swap file

Hi Debian!

I am trying to get swsusp working in the 2.6.8 kernel that comes with the installer rc2. I have asked this question before, but now I know more.

So I recompiled the kernel with:

# Power management options (ACPI, APM)
#
CONFIG_PM=y
CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND=y
CONFIG_PM_DISK=y
CONFIG_PM_DISK_PARTITION="/dev/hda13"

but all other options, including initrd, exactly the same.

According to the Documentation one can suspend either with:

echo 4 >/proc/acpi/sleep

or:

echo disk >/sys/power/state

That works. It suspends the system and shuts off power. (Minor matter: it seems you cannot use framebuffers or have mysql running ;-) )

But... on rebooting with append="resume=/dev/hda13" I get a message:
kernel: Unable to find swap-space signature.

swsusp messed up the swap. Now you cannot suspend anymore: he will complain there is no swap space, and he's right.

So mkswap /dev/hda13 sets that right and he will suspend again.

Googling in http://groups.google.com.au/groups with the good googler I came across exactly this symptom, but more than a year ago and for 2.6.0.

So a question: has anyone got software_suspend (not the one from here:
http://softwaresuspend.berlios.de/index.html)
to work with resume?

It also happens with 2.6.9.

Thanks!