Just installed Sarge, Have a bug report!

I played around with my LVM setup for my Fedora Core 3 installation last night to free up a 35gb block on which I did a net install of Debian 3.1. During the Debian installation, I had a lot of trouble with the partitioner. My LVM setup in Fedora was a 35gb pv on hda4 and a 74gb pv on hdb2. I did a pvmove to transfer my data off hda4, then during the Debian install, I reformatted that partition into an ext2 "/" partition. I had the little black smily face by hda4 and my existing swap partition, but it also wanted to reformat the 74gb hdb2 physical volume. I selected "Do not use partition," but I kept getting the white smiley face by it, and it kept telling me that it needed to format hdb2 before I could install, which I did not want to do. I even booted with the Knoppix 3.6 cd and created the new ext2 partition again with qtparted, but the Debian installer kept insisting that I reformat my fedora installation and wouldn't let me install onto the already formatted and existing hda4.

I ended up having to pop my case open and unplug the second hard drive so that the Debian installer couldn't see it. After that, the installation went fine.

I assume this is a problem that needs to be addressed, unless it is just Debian's way of dealing with the competition... ;)