Re: Kernel Compilation

In article <3dxO0-2nI-51@gated-at.bofh.it> you wrote:
> Anyone can tell me howto install kernel sources under
> Debian Testing, I already try:
>
> apt-cache search kernel sources

Try:  apt-cache search ^kernel-source

I prefer the sources from kernel.org for reasons I have forgotten. If I
recall, make-kpkg required more effort. So anyway, download 2.6.9, untar
under /usr/src, make a symlink "linux" to it and:

                cd /usr/src/linux
                make menuconfig
                make deb-pkg
                dpkg --purge linux-2.6.9
                dpkg -i ../linux-2.6.9*.deb
                lilo (first time? edit /etc/lilo.conf first)
                reboot

I've read warnings about /usr/src/linux but they don't seem to apply to
Debian, whom may use a smarter approach. I am blissfully unaware. :-)