Re: Installing Nvidia Drivers in Sarge

Toufeeq Hussain wrote:

HI Paul,

now here's an additional tip, if you run multiple kernels, the script will only install it on one version of the kernel, boo hoo! so that means you need to install nvidia everytime you switch kernels. The easy hack around this is to extract the the files from the script (I forget the syntax) and go into the directory and do a make install, which will install the modules into /lib/modules/<current kernel> for you. You can do this for multiple kernels.

Otherwise, if you installed a custom kernel you need to compile it the debian way. If more information is needed on this, and your efforts in searching on the web have failed, drop a line.

Thanks for the tip on getting the drivers installed for all custom
kernels.
It was getting to be a pain reinstalling it every time.

Regards,
toufeeq

You can also run the script with the -K option, in the nvidia readme it says this options makes it keep the old driver when installing the new one. I tried it and it works very well.