Re: Woody-->Sarge

In /etc/sources.list, change any reference to `stable' (or `woody') to `testing'.

Run

# apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade

Wait for it all to download & install, and you're set.

Eric Scott wrote:
Hey, sorry to ask this FAQ, I know I've done it before, but google is NO help to me here.

What exactly do I do to upgrade from Woody to Sarge. I know i have to plop something in sources.list, the do apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade, but I can't find what. Just changing "stable" to "sarge" or "testing" makes no difference. Anyway, thanx for ur help.

Oh! And while we're at it, what do I put in sources.list to access all the packages available for sarge once I've upgraded? I only downloaded the first woody CD to save time... I'd like to use apt-get from there.

Thanx,
     SigmaChi