Re: no konsole text with kernel 2.6.8

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 18:59:55 +0100, guyr@tele2.fr said:

> During the
> boot process of this new kernel i loose console text (when
> with vertical lines on consoles text. After some times,
> the x windows (kde) then appears, fine...
> But consoles text stays blanks with verticals lines (Alt F1 - F6) !
> Nothing in logs ...

Shot in the dark but it sounds like you're trying to boot into graphical
console and the feature is not enabled in the kernel.

With lilo this can easily be verified by changing the "vesa=nnn" to
"vesa=ask" in lilo.conf.. running lilo, rebooting.. and specifying one
of these pretty non-graphical modes when prompted..

Hope this helps.
--

  cga2001@eml.cc