Re: Replacing Dying Harddisk (ReiserFS)

On Sunday 19 December 2004 7:36 am, Darryl Clarke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anybody has any wonderful ideas as to how I should
> go about "ghosting" my existing linux system.
>
> Norton Ghost only supports EXT2/3 for linux and I used ReiserFS so
> using it is out of the question.
>
> Does anybody have any ideas as to how I could transfer my existing
> setup to the new drive?
>
> Old Disk: 8gb /dev/hda
> New Disk: 80gb /dev/sda (currently plugged into USB2, to be moved to /dev/hda)
> Bootloader: Grub
> Filesystems: ReiserFS
>
> Hopefully there's a simple solution ;) Thanks!

I have used and like Mondorescue... it is made for bare-metal recovery
and will do everything you need... it is just an apt-get away <g>
apt-get install mondo petris (so that you can play tetris while the
recovery is running <g>).

Back up your existing data to DVD,CDR, ISO, or tape; boot off the first
media (yes it is bootable and can use your existing kernel) tell it to do
a full recovery and Bob's yer uncle... (Yes, it can even do fdisk
and formating)

--
Reality is an illusion that occurs due to lack of alcohol.