Re: xv

On Sat, Dec 18, 2004 at 09:12:29PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> There's no way that xv is GPL, much less DSFG-free.

I never claimed that it was either one.  In fact, I pointed out that it was
NOT DFSG-free, and why it was not.  The xv license restricts distribution
and use.  It's as simple as that.

I used the GPL, the premiere example of a "free" software license, the one
that the religious zealots wrap themselves in at every opportunity, to show
why charging for software had nothing to do with the "freeness" of it.

--
 Marc Wilson |     The older a man gets, the farther he had to walk to
 msw@cox.net |     school as a boy.