Re: PPPoE

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 17:26:36 +0100
Kim <kim@info.dk> wrote:

> I got it working.
>
> I used the unstable version of PPPoE and PPPoEconf.
>
> When I ran pppoeconf I got that gettext.sh didn't exist. I then
> installet gettext-base and ran pppoeconf again.
>
> Then it works!
>
> Sometimes one need to run the unstable to get things working and this
> isn't the first time I found some trouble with the stable package -
> why is that? Shouldn't stable be the "best" most bugfree and so on?

"best, most bugfree and so on" from when stable was released.
Unfortunately companies are always looking for ways to fix things that
aren't broken, so we have to accomodate it with a new version of
software. It doesn't mean the version in stable is buggy or awful, just
that it's outdated.

HAND,
Jacob