Re: Outlook more efficient in storing mails?

On Friday 17 December 2004 10:44 pm, Enrico Zini wrote:

> I've been reported that Outlook on Windows is more efficient in
> storing mails with attachments, as it stores them in unencoded 8-bit
> format while the various Unix tools[1] store them as they've been
> received, so a big attachment would be stored mime-encoded taking 1/3
> more disk size.

Are you sure?  The odds of Microsoft getting something down to the point
of being more efficient than the competition happens roughly as often
as I win a prize over $5 from the Oregon Lottery.  Odds of winning a
prize over $5 is something like 1:800 if you play, significantly worse
if you don't (and I don't regularly play).

I would confirm this before you take it as gospel, I think someone's
yankin your chain.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.dyndns.org