the coffee house broke my auto

hello :)

I have a problem that I know I've solved before, and I feel a bit silly
for not being able to figure out again. I went to a coffee house last
night and was using their free internet connection. You have to connect to
the web by sending an HTTP packet through a web site after saying, "Yes, I
promise to be good" in a web form. (It's very similar to what I had to do
at the Libre Software Meeting to get my laptop on the web.)

When I got home my "auto" connection to the internet had stopped working.
I can still connect to the router, and I can see the router is connected
to the world, but I can't connect to the world. I seem to remember having
to fix my routing table and that there was a problem with my default
gateway, but I don't remember exactly what I'm supposed to do. I've tried
flushing all the items from the routing table, I've tried setting up
ifconfig with my IP and netmask, but all with no success.

Your ideas and pointers are much appreciated!
emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
web: www.xtrinsic.com