Re: network unreachable

I'm not sure what the routing tables are... I'll try man route and see what I
can glean.

Both machines are on the same hub.

Oh, and a new development, I tried it while I was writing this email. I can
ssh to both of these machines but from home, which is a completely different
network than the one at the office. I am writing this from home.

Now I am not exactly sure what this means, but I have a strong suspicion it
may have something to do with the crass incompetence of the new sysadmin that
just got hired and started changing things around in the lab intranet,
switching people over to DHCP, changing the lab firewall, and other annoying
stuff.

Also of note is that I can ssh to both machines but I can't ping either of
them.. they seem to be stealthed to pings cos I get no response at all. This
means the firewall blocks icmp requests or whatever, but leaves port 22
open...

So it seems the machines are fine, it's just the office network that's messed
up.

Sweet.

Alex.